If you are a boat owner it’s highly likely you will need to put your boat into storage at some stage. Whether it’s because you only use your boat briefly during your summer holidays or you choose to protect your boat from harsh winter conditions, boat storage is the most effective way to protect your valuable asset.
If you need to store your boat for any length of time, there are some important steps you need to take to make sure your boat is ready when you are to hit the water again.
Boat Storage Checklist
Each make and model of boat will have different requirements so it’s a good idea to check your boat manual for any specific maintenance tasks your boat needs. Here is a shortlist of essential tasks to get you started:
- Wash your boat thoroughly and look for signs of wear and tear including cracks, loose fittings and blistering
- Empty the bilge and clean
- Prepare your fuel system
- Remove batteries and have a plan for charging before next season
- Check you electrics
- Cover your boat
This excellent article from the Marine Specialists at RACV – Winterising a boat – provides more detail about getting your boat ready for storage.
Store Your Boat in Ulladulla
If you need boat storage in Ulladulla, Hampton Hire & Storage is a secure and affordable option. We can cater to boats up to 7.5 metres long and are located only 5 minutes away from Ulladulla Harbour. Other benefits of storing your boat with us include:
- Next day collection (simply call and we’ll have your boat ready for you to collect the following day)
- Option to include additional services such as tyre pressure checks, battery charging and high-pressure water blasting